Volunteers at Hospital Radio Plymouth (HRP) are celebrating being shortlisted in six categories in the Hospital Broadcasting Awards, including a nomination for Station of the Year – a category the charity has been shortlisted in every year since 2008.
We will find out the winners at a special gala dinner in Bolton in March, which is the highlight of the annual Hospital Broadcasting Association Conference.
Station Manager Keith Jolley said: “The HBA Conference is one of the main events in our year, and to receive six nominations in our 50th anniversary year is fantastic.
“It’s also a great opportunity to meet up with other volunteers from across the country to build relationships and share ideas.”
Hospital Radio Plymouth have received nominations in the following categories:
• Best Station Promotion – The New Jolley Good Breakfast
• Best Special Event – 50th Anniversary Weekend
• Best Speech Package – Tor Bridge High Radio Show – Carers Week
• Best Specialist Music Programme – Cabinet of Audio Curiosities
• Best Male Presenter – Andrew Hill
• Station of the Year
Written by: Louise Manico