In this document, “we”, “our” or “us” refer to Hospital Radio Plymouth. We are a registered UK Charity and our number is 260238. Our postal address is:
Hospital Radio Plymouth
William Prance Road
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided here. Except as set out below, we do not share, sell or disclose to a third party any information collected through our website.
© Hospital Radio Plymouth
1. Data we process about you by you providing the data directly to us by: •
Making a financial donation • Requesting us to attend an event •
Sending us an email • Recording a message or request where the recording contains your voice •
Asking for information, such as further details about volunteering with us •
Applying to be a volunteer • Making a song request •
A photo of you that may be used for our social media , website and PR dept. •
2. What data we collect Information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time. Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Your profile includes information such as, your interests, preferences, feedback and form responses.
Any health problems we may need to be aware of if you are taking part in one of our outside broadcasts or coming to the studio Emergency contact details
3. Why ask for your information; Process your donation or support your fundraising efforts; Outside Broadcast planning and co-ordination; Process your requests; Display info about you and your program on our website; Process your membership application; Thank you for your donations and support; Identify participants and volunteers at our outside broadcasts Send you all the information you asked for; Keep you informed with the operational processes at Hospital Radio Plymouth; Info for presenters profiles on our website including a digital photograph; A voice recording may be used for transmission or recording to create material used as part of our service.
4. Who we share your data with and why? Hospital Radio Plymouth promises never to sell or share your data with any third party for marketing purposes. We share your information with the NHS voluntary services and security dept in 3 © Hospital Radio Plymouth order for you to have an ID badge and access to our the premises Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
5 . How long we will keep your details Your data is safely and securely stored on our database. We will keep your data six years after your last donation so that we may comply with any financial regulations. We will only keep your data for as long as it is relevant and necessary. Unless you inform us otherwise, once you have opted into any marketing we will continue to send you news and information until such a time that you advise us you wish to opt out. You can change your mind about what information we send you at any time by emailing us at . We have a separate data retention policy should more information be needed which can also be obtained by using the above contact details. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. Your rights regarding your data You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive marketing and/or information materials from us at any time. You can change your preferences and consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawing your consent to marketing communications does not mean that we will never contact you. We may need to talk to you about administrative matters in order to process a transaction or for another business reason. You have the right to request that we delete your data in full. We will need to confirm your identity and request you fill out a Subject Access Request form which you can obtain from our Data Protection Officer. We will then write to you with the outcome of your request.
6. If you do not provide personal information we need; Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a request made by you or the voluntary services department, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to complete that process. In that case, we may have to stop any commitment or process in place we have with you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
7. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party Our website and app allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people. Examples include: • posting a message to our studio • tagging an image • clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it. We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide. Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time. Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com
8. Complaints regarding content on our website We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
9. Information relating to your method of payment or donation Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website app or otherwise. Our members never have access to it. At the point of donation or payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of WorldPay / CAF donate or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us. For any enquiries on payments or donation please contact our treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Information about your direct debit When you agree to set up a direct debit arrangement through CAF Donate they will manage our donation process. All info for this is provided here.
11. Volunteer application; If you are successful in your application we collect information about you and your role from time to time throughout the period of your service. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your voluntary service. After your service with us has ended, we will keep your file for up to 10 years before destroying or deleting it. Although all material you have created for use within our operation including your voice recordings may stay stored in perpetuity unless we are specifically requested to delete it.
12. Communicating with us; When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website by e-mail or another means, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our operation. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
13. Complaining; When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person. Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
15. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
16. Information we obtain from third parties; Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use. No such information is personally identifiable to you.
18. Data may be processed outside the European Union Our websites are hosted in the UK. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our service. Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia. 1
9. Your duty to inform us of changes; It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
20. Access to your personal information; At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
21. Removal of your information; If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
22. Verification of your information; When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information. Other matters
23. Use of site by children; We do not sell products or services for purchase by children.
25. Retention period for personal data; Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us: • to provide you with the services you have requested; • to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities; • to support a claim or defence in court.